The Fulcrum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Fulcrum

A hub that is the home to three different RPs, each with different settings and storylines. Talk about a triple threat!

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Faction: Defense Ministry
A Withered Rose [Private] EmptyThu Aug 20 2015, 07:49 by Ryan Lurkewood

» Faction: Equestrian Volunteer Corps
A Withered Rose [Private] EmptyMon Aug 10 2015, 15:51 by Ryan Lurkewood

» Faction: White Talon
A Withered Rose [Private] EmptyWed Jul 22 2015, 17:44 by Ryan Lurkewood

» A Withered Rose [Private]
A Withered Rose [Private] EmptyThu Apr 03 2014, 00:13 by Ryan Lurkewood

» Running from something. [Private]
A Withered Rose [Private] EmptyFri Mar 21 2014, 09:29 by Iris Hawkeye

» Smile. [Character]
A Withered Rose [Private] EmptyWed Mar 19 2014, 09:23 by Guest

» ARD-7 Battle Rifle
A Withered Rose [Private] EmptySun Mar 16 2014, 20:36 by Ryan Lurkewood

» Making our Descent [PRIVATE]
A Withered Rose [Private] EmptyFri Mar 14 2014, 01:01 by ZODON_THE_UNBOUNCEABLE

» Business as Usual [Open]
A Withered Rose [Private] EmptySun Mar 09 2014, 21:11 by Guest

2 posters

A Withered Rose [Private]

Cloud Cover
    Cloud Cover

A Withered Rose [Private] Empty A Withered Rose [Private]

Post by Cloud Cover Mon Feb 10 2014, 21:31

The Scrap Flats
    July 13th, 0917
    1:42 PM

The desert was a unforgiving place for those prepared, and a death sentence for those who are not, here we find a girl, who has clearly lost all sense of navigation for who else would find themselves here for a reason? and why would you come without water or proper shade?

Angelica was a girl who fancied a bit of unknown exploration, with in reason but this adventure very well could have been her last, she found herself in a endless desert, filled with hate, heat and rusting metal, a place where the heavens have left the earth and only left hell to burn away at the remains, and hell it was.

After a few days without water, she was going to die, or at least she thought she was, the black suit she wore made it worse, she knew she fainted at least twice and has a severe sunburn by now. She was exhausted, she had nothing left to give, she collapsed into a nearby remains of a vehicles of some kind, extending her holo wings and flexing them to block the harsh sun from beating down onto her skin, but the bright orange color of her wings did little to stop the light coming though them. She spoke to herself as if it was her end "Well, mom and dad, you where right, i knew i would screw myself over one day." she said with a tear running down her cheek as she spoke softly to herself.
    Ryan Lurkewood

A Withered Rose [Private] Empty Re: A Withered Rose [Private]

Post by Ryan Lurkewood Tue Feb 11 2014, 01:21

It had been a long day out in The Scrap Flats and Miko was regretting coming out here with the sun so high. He had to take off his armor, secure his rifle to his bag, and wrap a spare shirt around his head to keep the sun off him. However, all he was was uncomfortable, and sweaty. He had plenty of water and knew he where he was going. Even if he did end up lost, or off track, he knew how to get to where he was going by the stars.

He picked his way through the field of junk, being careful to not stumble over the rusted scrap metal.

The Alchemist rubbed his brow and looked at his watch: 1:42. The sun was high and it shone hot down on Ashen Agony; showing yet again why it was called that. He took out a bottle of water and took a small sip from it. After taking in the dull scenery of the ancient ruins of the outlying area of a large city, he took another drink and stowed his water, the he heard what sounded like someone talking. Miko looked around, a hand going to his revolver, which he unsnapped and slowly drew, "Hello?" he called out.
    Cloud Cover
    Cloud Cover

Post by Cloud Cover Tue Feb 11 2014, 17:40

The nearby man's vision would quickly be filled with a giant set of bright orange hard light wings, easily seen at even extreme ranges, inside the wings was silhouette of a famine figure of some sort, the figure then fell over, the wings lost their color and become only the thin frames that support the hard light surface, whoever this female was, seemed to have passed out.

As he got closer he would find the girl, dressed in head to toe tactical gear and carrying a oddly high amount of weapons for someone her size, but apon closer inspection he would find that she had no survival gear what so ever, not even a canteen. she showed signs of severe dehydration, pale skin and cracked lips. He breath was shallow and fading, she will require medical attention if she is to survive any longer
    Ryan Lurkewood

Post by Ryan Lurkewood Tue Feb 11 2014, 22:44

"Oh no, oh no, ohno!" Miko stammered as he leaned down and felt her pulse. After he found it, he leaned down and placed his cheek just above her mouth and nose. He breathed out the breath he had been holding when he felt the woman's breath on his cheek, though it was faint.

Very gently, the Alchemist slid his arms under this strange woman he found out in the middle of nowhere, careful about her holowings. With care, Miko lifted her up and looked around for any sign of shade. What the lunacy brought you here? he asked himself as he headed for the wrecked hull of a semi-truck. Just as carefully, Miko set her down in the shade of the trailer it was hauling. Quickly he unstrapped the woman's assault rifle and set it aside. Next he looked the woman over, inspecting her armor. He quickly undone and removed her belt, then undid the clasp and pulled the zipper that held her combat armor together. As he pulled he became very aware that she was wearing all but nothing under her armor; just a bra and a pair of panties, both black as her combat gear.

"What is with you and black...?" he questioned as he removed her body from the cloth and Kevlar suit.

Once she was outside of her solid black combat armor, which Miko could feel the heat radiating from, he set out a blanket and moved the unconscious woman to it. After he was done he took out a bottle of water and took a drink for himself. Looking upon the barely alive woman, he had to admit she had quite the body. But time for fantasies would be later; if he didn't act quick, she may just be another casualty to the Ashen Agony.

Using a scrap of a rag, he got it wet and placed it over her forehead. Next he got out a bottle of water and placed one under both her armpits. Then he sat next to her and waited, using another scrap of a damp rag to pat her neck and cheeks, trying to cool her down as quickly as possible. Every minute that passed he wished more and more that he had an IV to give her to help her hydrate.
    Cloud Cover
    Cloud Cover

Post by Cloud Cover Tue Feb 11 2014, 22:55

The holo wings would gain their signature orange glow before detecting that their user is on her back, quickly retracting back into their housings attached to her body, this was a good sign, no brain damage was caused from the dehydration, if she was hurt in such a way, her implanted wings would not function correctly.

She slowly opened her eyes, dry as they where, she would see a blob in her vision before it slowly cleared to show a man, right now, she only felt the cooling effect of the rag and the wind against her bare skin....then it stuck her, she was only in her underwear, how did this happen?, then she assumed the worst, she held her breath for a moment before gathering enough strength to have her right fist connect with his head, she then manually extended her wings, their bright orange glow came to life, and with a mighty flap she flew backwards on her back before she collided with a near by piece of metal, stopping her suddenly.

Now she just lays on the ground, stareing up into the sky a few feet away from where she started, her wings extended, and a massive headache slowly entering her head.....she simply groaned as she felt the fresh bump on her head.
    Ryan Lurkewood

Post by Ryan Lurkewood Wed Feb 12 2014, 04:33

Hours had gone bye without any visible sign of improvement from the unconscious woman and Miko feared he had been too late and that she was beyond saving. Then, the woman's wings quickly retracted, giving Miko a surprise. He took that to be a good sign.

Another hour passed with her just laying there.

He felt placed the back of his hand to her forehead and nodded. "You're doing better," he observed aloud, knowing full well she couldn't hear him.

After patting her face with a rag, Miko Belura was surprised to see her eyes open slowly. And even more surprised when a fist caught him in the jaw. It was a forceful blow, causing the Alchemist to fall back.

"Living toads on fire!" Miko exclamed, rubbing his jaw. "Jeeze woman. You punch hard." Miko pulled himself up to a sitting position. "That how you thank everyone who saves your life?" He asked the sprawled out woman, gathering she had clocked herself on the bottom of the trailer. "Yeah, I know this seems like a bad spot for you. But really," Miko reached his pinkie into his mouth, seeing how bad he bit his tongue. "I saved your life. Now, if you would, put these on." He held out a set of plain clothes for her to take.
    Cloud Cover
    Cloud Cover

Post by Cloud Cover Thu Feb 13 2014, 22:29

The wings on the girl's back retracted once again with a mechanical whine after that she only let out a deep sigh before she had a pair of clothes handed in her direction, this confused her greatly but it only took a moment more for her to figure out that if he wanted to rape or abuse her, he would have done it now, he had plenty of chance.

She took clothes and gently pulled the pants onto herself before sighing at the shirt, before inserting the back of it into her mouth and ripping out two large wholes for her extra mechanical wings then she slipped it on, she felt much better now, her armor was way hotter then she ever thought it was now that she was wearing something loose fitting to compare it with.

She sat up slowly and eyed over the man with her bright orange eyes, concerned with him for the time being, this was when she finally spoke "who are you?" she in a questioning yet still quite exhausted tone as one of her wings extended again, its hard light surface blocking the sun from her face for the time being. Now that he was close enough to get a good look at the functioning wings, they where quite interesting, a technological gem that was all but lost with the death of the world, a rare sight indeed.
    Ryan Lurkewood

Post by Ryan Lurkewood Fri Feb 14 2014, 14:25

The wings were something that Miko had only seen on one other occasion, one he didn't want to think about. However, looking at the orange holowings on the woman, the memories surfaced again. "Belura," he answered, pulling his bag that he had set aside hours ago close to him and began rummaging though it, "You can call me Miko. And how about you," he pulled out a bottle of water and offered it to her. "Who are you? Why were you out here in all black? Honestly, black and heat do not mix well. I didn't think you would have made it when I found you a few hours ago," Miko said frankly.
    Cloud Cover
    Cloud Cover

Post by Cloud Cover Sun Feb 16 2014, 22:12

The woman found her wings to cause her a slight problem with the sun, they acted as as shade in certain angles and magnifying lenses in the others, so right now she was getting a face full of concentrated sun, she quickly deactivated the wings and let their wire frame fold back into the housings on her back where they where protected inside her body. Now she simply raises a hand to block the sun from her face.

She spoke calmly now, but still kept a close eye on the man, this was the wasteland still, misfortune is hidden as good luck far too often for her own liking but she hopes this time is different "Angelica, you can call me Angie if you wish, and i am here because i am well.....lost, i was looking for a place to rest for the night, a few days ago, found myself in this desert, i don't even know where i am" she took the bottle of water and took a long gulp of it, it tasted better then the finest wine she had ever tasted, who knew that water could do so much "And for my armor, its either that or running around in my underwear, something i know a few would like but i would rather not." she then passed the bottle back "And thank you, i mean it.....thanks." she finished with a smile.
    Ryan Lurkewood

Post by Ryan Lurkewood Sun Feb 16 2014, 22:44

Miko shook his head as the woman, Angelica, tried to pass the bottle back. "You keep it. I suppose you want to go to the nearest town, which is that way," Miko pointed deeper into the ruins of the city. "It's small, but as long as you got money they can get you what you might need. You should probably wait until night to go though, you could pass out again and you probably won't be lucky enough to have someone stumble across out. Or, I could accompany you there; if you wish. You don't know what critters you could come across." He began packing up his belongings. "Whatever your decision, few hours till sunset. Might as well sit back and relax. Also, keep the clothes. That way you can take your armor off without having to run around in yer bra and panties. Plus, I think ya look good in 'em."
    Cloud Cover
    Cloud Cover

Post by Cloud Cover Sat Feb 22 2014, 14:13

Angelica let out a laugh as she took another gulp of the water she was given "Money is something i wished i had, Teachers are not much appreciated in the wastes." she then smiled at her gifts "Thank you by the way, i will find a way to repay you." she then sat up straight to speak better "I can however offer you something in return for your kindness, i can offer my knowledge, i am well versed in many subjects, history being my forte"

She then looked towards the sun, slowly going towards the horizon "However, i don't know about moving at night, i would rather like to avoid being hunted by the various predators that roam here. Shelter may be our best bet for the night."
    Ryan Lurkewood

Post by Ryan Lurkewood Thu Feb 27 2014, 13:39

Miko lifted an eyebrow. She's a teacher, eh? Haven't seen one in ages. The Alchemist leaned against a rock and rolled a bottle of his own in his hands, thinking about her offer. After a minute or two, he cracked open the bottle and took a small sip from it.

"Well that's kind of you ma'am." He took another sip. "I'll consider your offer. But, seeing as you have no money, I suppose I'll have to accompany you to a town and see you off."
    Cloud Cover
    Cloud Cover

Post by Cloud Cover Tue Mar 04 2014, 21:16

The girl shrugged and spoke once more "If you insist, but i will not force you, seeing as this wasteland tends to be a free for all at times, i guess having a traveling partner could not hurt my chances." she finished with a smile before taking another drink of the water she was given "So, first order of business, shelter?"
    Ryan Lurkewood

Post by Ryan Lurkewood Tue Mar 04 2014, 22:11

Miko considered his next move as he sipped from his water bottle. She was insistent on not traveling at night, and Miko wasn't going to argue against her.

"If you don't want to build something, which I suggest against, I would say we travel further into the ruins over there and find an adequate location to hunker down for the night. If you are wanting to build something as opposed to going in the ruins, I would say we take use of this large truck we are in the shade of."
    Cloud Cover
    Cloud Cover

Post by Cloud Cover Tue Mar 04 2014, 22:23

Angelica nodded before standing up with a slight grunt, her back was sore from laying down for so long "This truck could work, if the locks still work, we could lock ourselves inside it, keep most bad things at bay for the night." she then walks up to the cab of the truck, and lucky enough it still had all its glass and seemed to be in rather good condition "Hoping for the best." she said as she reached out towards the door latch, with a swift pull the door came open, a heavy screech followed by its rusty hinge being moved.

As the door opened, angelica walked into the sleeper cab of the once mighty vehicle, due to the fact it was sealed, it had little damage other then a thick layer of dust "Hey! there is even a bed in here! with a mattress!" she shouted out to the man, meanwhile she scavenged though the vehicle to find other objects of importance, it did astound her that it was so untouched for this many years.
    Ryan Lurkewood

Post by Ryan Lurkewood Fri Mar 07 2014, 03:27

Miko watched the woman open opened the cab of the semi. When he heard the groaning of rusted hinges, the alchemist stood up and moved to the passenger side and tried his luck. Sure enough, the door also gave, the hinges likewise protesting loudly.

He sat on the passenger seat and looked around the cab. Even though the windows were still intact, they still had their fair share of cracks. Each of them had at least one crack, the front windshields had the most cracks however, the passenger side half had one that spider-webbed, covering a good portion of the window. As Angelica searched the sleeper cab, Miko decided to try the glove compartment, which, when he tried it, was stuck. He gave the thing a sharp kick, hoping it would dislodge whatever was causing it to catch.

"Find anything in there?" Miko asked as he tried it again, failed at opening it again, and kicked the compartment once more. "Nothing on this side so far," he told the woman.
    Cloud Cover
    Cloud Cover

Post by Cloud Cover Thu Mar 13 2014, 20:15

Angelica would keep looking though the cab of the semi truck till she reached the mattress, a quick lift showed that stuff was stored under it. She retrieved a object from the small cashe, a bottle covered with a brown paper bag "Miko, got something to make the night less boring, how do you feel about vodka?" she said as she removed the bag and showed the bottle to him.

Angelica was not much of a drinker but she would be stupid to give up this chance, pre storm vodka, not the crap that comes out of the metro, the real good stuff "Its a once in a life time chance, its been aging for decades, this has to be some good stuff." she said as she gently passed it to him.
    Ryan Lurkewood

Post by Ryan Lurkewood Thu Mar 13 2014, 20:31

Miko took the bottle and examined it. He was amazed with how well everything was preserved. Unbroken windows were like a vandal's proverbial flame.

"Give it a taste," Miko suggested, handing it back to her. "This glove box is just asking to be kicked open now."

The alchemist gave the door another good kick, breaking what remained of the internal lock with a loud snap. Smiling, he gave it a nice bump with the tip of his shoe and the door fell down, revealing its contents. The first thing that stood out was a KWO-7 .40 pistol that lay atop a yellowed stack of papers.

"Well lookie here~" Miko cooed as he pulled out the pre-storm firearm. He checked the magazine. "Empty. Shame. Well miss, you fancy a forty semi-auto pistol?"
    Cloud Cover
    Cloud Cover

Post by Cloud Cover Tue Mar 18 2014, 10:03

Angelica opened a the bottle with a nearby bottle opener that happened to be sitting on a shelf "Lets hope i don't die from this." she then removed the top and took a sniff of the substance inside, then without warning she took a deep swig of the alcoholic substance.

A split second later, her face contorted from the sting of the booze and she let out a slight huff "Jesus! this is strong." she then passed him the bottle to the man.

She took a look at the weapon "I don't personally have much use for guns, but as a piece of barter, it will do just fine.....now, drink up, its going to be a long night." she then pressed down the locks on the truck's doors, holding them shut "Also we should try and cover the windows, with whatever we can find."
    Ryan Lurkewood

Post by Ryan Lurkewood Thu Apr 03 2014, 00:13

Miko set the pistol down next to Angelica and grabbed the bottle offered to him. He too took a swig from the vodka, and almost regretted it. He coughed several times, trying to cork the bottle and hand it back to his drinking partner.

"Doesn't look to be like there is much we can use to cover up but a few windows. Oh wow," he rubbed his throat. "Eh..Anyways, I can try my best with the side windows, but we might be struggling to cover the front."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18 2024, 21:41